Terms and conditions
Terms and Conditions – #CALFMATTERS Top Tips Competition 2020
Eligibility to Enter
1. The #CALFMATTERS Top Tips Competition 2020 (the “Competition”) is open to all vets and livestock farmers residing in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over.
2. The Competition is not open to employees or agencies of Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health UK Limited (the “Promoter”), their immediate families, or anyone else connected to the Competition.
3. Entry into the Competition will be deemed to constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award a prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
Entering the Competition
4. To enter the Competition, submit your top tip on the www.calfmatters.com/competition site. Entrants are encouraged to submit a photo and/or video to bring their entry to life. All images/videos submitted must be the original work of the entrant and it is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that any images they submit do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photo or video they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it. Entries can also be submitted from farmers and or vets who visit the Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health/Calfmatters Stand at Dairy Tech, UK on February 5th 2020. Here, the farmer and /or vet can have his/her video taken which will then be posted to the CALFMATTERS social media channels with the entrant’s name. This is taken as their entry into the competition.
5. Only one entry per person is permitted and no purchase is necessary.
6. The Promoter will not be responsible for any entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected, corrupted or otherwise, or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
7. The Competition opens for entries on 8.00am Monday 27th January 2020 and closes at 5pm on Tuesday 31st March 2020. Entries received outside this time period will not be considered. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to extend the closing date where the entries received are of insufficient quality.
8. You own the copyright to your Competition entry as its author. However, by submitting an entry to the Competition and in consideration of the chance to win the Competition, you give the Promoter (a) permission for your entry to be published on the Promoter’s websites including but not limited to www.calfmatters.com and on any social media account controlled by the Promoter including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter accounts, and you grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide licence to use and publish your Competition entry in electronic format and hard copy for purposes connected with the Competition, and you hereby irrevocably waive, for the benefit of the Promoter, all moral rights in the entry to which you are entitled, and (b) the right to use your name for the purpose of identifying you as the author of your entry and/or as a winner of the Competition.
Picking the Winners
9. A panel of judges, including at least one member who is independent of the Promoter, will select, from all valid entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions, one winning entry (the “Overall Winner”) and ten runners up.
10. When choosing the winners, the judges will consider the originality and effectiveness of the top tip and its visual representation (photo/video). Entries taken at the UK Dairy Tech event and outside of this event will be considered equally. The decision of the panel of judges (acting reasonably) will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. Entrants must not contact, or try to contact, the judges in any way in connection with the Competition, or otherwise try to influence the judges' selection of the winners.
11. Full details of the judging process and the names of the judges are available on request to email@example.com.
12. The Overall Winner will receive a Racetrack day at a location to be decided by the Promotor (depending on winner’s location). For example in Ireland, it will be here https://trackdays.ie/. The ten runners up will each receive one Calfmatters Cosy Calf Jacket. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prizes that are not expressly included in the prizes.
13. The prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize with an alternative of a similar nature and value in the event that the original prize offered is not available.
Announcement of Winners
15. The winners will be decided, and will be contacted, within 14 days of the competition closing, to give details of how to claim their prize.
16. If a winner does not claim his/her prize within 14 days of being notified, or if the winner is not available to take up the prize or is disqualified, then the prize will be forfeited and the Promoter shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
17. The prizes will be sent to the winners. In some cases, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health will ask the winners to have their photograph taken with the prize to be posted on social media. The winner has the right to give or not give permission for this.
18. The winners may be required to take part in promotional activities related to the Competition and the winners shall participate in such activity on the Promoter's reasonable request.
Liability of Promoter
19. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winners or accept any liability for any loss, damage as a result of taking up the prize, nor shall it be liable for any personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter. Your statutory rights are not affected.
20. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its reasonable control. The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations relating to this Competition where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. In the event of any dispute regarding the Competition, the decision of the Promoter shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
21. The Promoter will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant’s ability to participate in the Competition.
22. The Promoter will only process personal data received from you in accordance with relevant data protection legislation, including the UK Data Protection Act 2018, the Irish Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation. We will keep a record of your personal data provided to us or as collected by us as part of this competition. We will use this for the purpose of completing the competition and contacting you should you win, for storing and promoting the entry as mentioned above, and any other incidental purposes, such as to determine if any tax is due as a result. This data is shared with third party suppliers of ours only for such purposes. You have rights to access your data. For more information on these rights and how we process personal data, see our website www.boehringer-ingelheim.co.uk/privacy-policy.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
23. The Competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and entrants to the Competition submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
24. The Promoter is Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health UK Ltd, RG12 8YS, UK.